Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Things of Randomness of Myself...

25 Random Things about me:

1 – My full name is Eduardo Roberto Nunez, and I have no idea where my parents pieced all those together. I don’t think they do either, because I didn’t have an official name for the first 2 weeks of my life.

2 – I have a scar on my left bicep from when I dropped a burning pizza pan on it…details of the story can be given later if you really want to know…

3 – I played all low brass instruments in high school. Specialized in the tuba, and haven’t picked up the instrument since I graduated.

4 – I dance ballroom. Growing up in Texas and thinking dancing was gay…I NEVER saw that one coming…

5 – My left thumb is double jointed, something I didn’t realize until junior high or high school. I just assumed everybody was like that…

6 – I am positive. In elementary school I was asked if I was positive. Confused, but knowing I’m not negative, I said yes I’m positive. The little boy ran away laughing saying I was HIV positive…I still don’t get it…

7 – I don’t watch TV really, though I like a lot of shows such as the Simpsons, Mythbusters, Man vs. Wild, the Food Network, Discovery Channel, etc…I usually stick to movies.

8 – I served a mission in Spain. I guess this isn’t really random, but I thought I was going to go to South America for the longest time. I had to report 4 months after receiving my mission call because I was going to Spain. Something with the visa, I don’t really know…

9 – I currently work as a loan officer as well as being a full time student. Due to the crisis in the economy, I am now considering getting a masters degree.

10 – I have eaten a variety of foods including: King Scorpion, Sea Cucumber, Bean Curd, Starfish, Seahorse, Pill Bug, Dung Beetle, Locust, Goat Testicle, Frog, Pickled Chicken Feet, Pig Skin, Squid in its own Ink, among other things…

11 – I have a bald spot on my right eyebrow. I don’t remember how I got it, but I’ve been told my cousin and I ran right into each other’s heads. Apparently she has a similar scar…

12 – I have a full set of memories from a school I apparently never went to. At least that is what I’m told. These memories are extremely vivid to me and I swear it was all real…

13 – Nobody bothered telling me about what my GPA was in high school and its importance in getting into college. When my friends told me they had a 4.0 I laughed. What a small number!! Turns out I had slightly under a 4.0…I blame my high school counselor for my ignorance. I didn’t even know I was graduating with honors until a couple of days before graduation.

14 – I started cutting my own hair while I was on my mission. I don’t want to get into the gruesome details, but ultimately I found myself in a situation with no options, so I had to cut it myself…

15 – In junior high I had dreams of being an NBA superstar…In high school a famous musician…In college...how did I get into ballroom???

16 – I once got detained in L.A. for about 30 minutes in the airport on my way back from China. Turns out I had a warrant for my arrest. Ask me about the details, it is quite the story…

17 – I love lamp.

18 – D’s get diplomas…Not that I have anything against getting good grades. I learn because I enjoy it. And I only say that because it seems everybody I know stresses about their classes. Maybe because I have found I can pass a class without over-stressing myself...this is probably a character flaw of mine…

19 – I shot a mall cop with a rubber bullet one time after he told me to put my toy gun away. I don’t know why I did it, it seemed funny at the time…

20 – I don’t have to play a video game for very long before I become decent at it. (“very long” being somewhat relative) This skill was discovered and developed during my misspent child and youth-hood.

21 – I love to play sports. Ultimate Frisbee, racquetball, football, basketball, etc…I use to be decent at all of them, but I pretty much suck at all of them right now.

22 – I still have all four wisdom teeth. Apparently there was enough room for them to stay without crowding my big mouth.

23 – I’ve had the same leather wallet since jr. high which functions perfectly. When my mom original bought it for me I remember expressing how much I didn’t need it and why did it have to be leather. She told me because it will last a long time. In hindsight, I think she was right…

24 – I’m pretty sure I’m scared of heights. I’ll do crazy things from really high up and not freeze up. I’ll jump off the high dive and cliffs. I’ll walk to the edge of a 500 foot drop and not flinch. But inside I’m screaming. I’m pretty sure I’m scared of heights…

25 – I was mostly deaf as a child and I have popped both of my eardrums. I don’t remember how the first one happened, but the second happened sometime during or just after recess in elementary school. I was wiping the sweat off my face and noticed I was sweating a lot on one of my ears. After a little while I realized it was some sort of ooze and not sweat coming from inside my ear. Baffled, I kept on wiping it away as I walked back to class and sat down. Without warning pain shot into my inner ear, like an ear-ache, but much worse. Later I was told they put stitches on my eardrum or something. So I have a scar in there somewhere…

1 comment:

Vatonurse said...

I'm curious to know about #2 and 16. I don't have a clue what you mean with #17, I don't get it. The rest was entertaining to read.